Just recently, YouTube has introduced a new feature called Branding Intros. Do you know what they are or how to use them?
What are branding intros and do I need to use them.
Branding intros are short video clips that appear at the beginning of your videos that can help promote your channel. To use this latest YouTube feature, you will need to follow these 4 steps.
- First – Create a 3 second bumper or have one created through fiverr.com or some other source.
- Second – Upload the video to your channel and set the video privacy to unlisted.
- Third – Go to the InVideo Programming page found under your channel settings and click the Add a branding intro button. Select your video from the drop down list or select upload if you have not done so already.
- Fourth – After you have selected the correct video you will need to decide whether you would like this new intro to appear on all your videos or only those upload after a specified date. Click Save and Create Intro.
If you wish to remove your intro, click Remove on the “Channel Branding Introduction” section of the InVideo Programming page. It may take some time for the branding intro to appear on all your videos so don’t worry.
Please note: YouTube recommends not changing your intro too often as it will defeat the purpose of creating a consistent brand image and please do not use your intro as an ad, sponsorship or product placement.
Here are some examples of branding intros:
Where can you get these intros?
- Create your own with PowerPoint
Purchase templates from:
Until next time,
The Video VA