Today’s Video VA tip is for authors and how you can use videos to promote yourselves and your books.
Hi this is Edie from Virtually In Sync and The Video VA Blog and I have 5 tips on how you can use videos to promote yourself and your books
1. Create 2 Video Trailers for your book. One version promotes your book; the other version markets what others who have read it think about your book.
2. Create an Authors Video about yourself and the books that you’ve written in order to market yourself and all the books you’ve written
3. Create screencasts about themes you cover in your book using Camtasia and Jing. This helps by showcasing your expertise and visually explaining a topic.
4. Create Video Blogs for your website using your webcam. This helps by enabling your customers to see and hear you which confirms your position as an expert in your field.
5. Create these video ideas either by Doing-it-yourself if you have the time and know-how, or by hiring a professional like me.
Your overall goal for injecting video into your book marketing plan should be to drive traffic to your book’s website and to the website(s) where your book is being sold. Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc.
YouTube, the number two search engine and one of the best free video hosting sites, provides its own analytics, and you will be able to monitor activity from viewership to engagement.
Most importantly don’t forget to embed your video on your website and social media networks since it increases views and the chances of the viewer purchasing.
I would love to hear your feedback on how incorporating video in your book marketing plan has been working for you. So please submit your comments below and don’t forget to subscribe to my channel for more information on how you can create and incorporate videos into your online marketing plan.
Check me out at blog.thevideova.com if you are interested in working with me and I’ll see you next time on The Video VA Tip. Take care